Humans are not in the list of fleas, but if you have a pet definitely at some point, you will experience a flea bite. The small tiny, wingless creature troubles human by biting and cause small, hard, red, slightly raised itching spot with no swelling. People reacts for the bit by scratching it and leads to bleeding of blood, but you should not do that. There are some home remedies to be treated for human flea bites.
The Human Flea bites are itchy and painful. Excessive scratching in the spot damages the skin and leads to infection. Apply a cold pack to the area of the wound, which helps to stop itching and reduce pain. The cold temperature helps in soothing itching sensation and reduce swelling.
- Clean the bitten area with warm Dettol water
- Wrap few ice cubes in thick cloth
- Apply ice pack in the area for 2 to 3 minutes
- Repeat the process for about 10 – 15 minutes per day
Baking soda being a natural acid neutralizer provides instant relief from pain and itching. It also reduces swelling and risk of infection.
- Mix 1 cup of baking soda with water and apply the paste to the affected area. Leave this for 5 to 10 min then rinse it off with cold water. Do this 1 or 2 times per day.
- Alternatively, add 1 cup of baking soda in the bathtub and rinse the area well for about 10 min. It soothes the pain.
Aloe vera has much medicinal property, and one among them is it relieves the pain. The anti-inflammatory property in aloe vera reduces itching and swelling.
- Cut the small piece of aloe vera leaf and extract gel
- Rub the gel gently in the area affected
- Leave the gel for about 15 min and rinse with lukewarm water
- Repeat the process 2 or 3 times per day.